Definition of specialized cells
This cells plays a very important role and it is very specific. Each of the specialized cell has a specific role to play. They has some special features which allows them to do those jobs. Muscles cells, are one of the example which holds together in a bundle and it also pulls together for making a muscle contract.
What are the specialized cells?
Most of the cells do share some common features like having a nucleus, cytoplasm, mitochondria and a cell membrane. However, there are some of the differences add well between those cells. Each type of the cell has their own role to play. Those ells also consist of some special features which helps them to do and perform some of the special function in a much effective way.
Human body is very amazing feat which contains a lot of engineering. Miles of nerve fibers and many blood vessel, digestive system, a very strong skeletal structure, one protective covering and a lot more amazing things. Here are some of the examples which these specialized cells and their features contains for helping them with the role playing and he are provided following:
- Red blood cells – this cells is known for carrying oxygen all around the body. They are also well suited for this function because of the following:
- They contains hemoglobin, that carries oxygen molecules all around the body
- This cells does not contain any nucleus which allows them with more space for carrying oxygen
- Their shape is a flat disc like (bi-concave) which provides them with a large surface area, and it is the best chance of absorbing a lot of oxygen as they can.
- Nerve cells – this cells are known for its transmitting electrical signals around the body. They are very well suited for their functions because of the following:
- They are very thin ad they can become 1 meter long. This mean that they can be able to carry message from and to every part of the body and travel to large distances
- This cells also consists of branched connections at every end. They get joined to other nerve cells which allows them to pass different messages all around the body
- They also have a very fatty or myelin sheath which surround them. this fatty sheath sometimes increases the speed so that the message can travel from one end to another quickly
- Muscle cells – this cells brings different parts of the body closer to each other. They are very well suited to this function because of the following:
- This cells are held together like a bundle for the purpose of pulling the muscle together and cause muscles contract that is shorter as well as fatter
There are also different types of the muscle cell which perfectly adopts the functions and they are the following:
- Cardiac or heart muscle cells which are branched and they get joined with one another for developing into a net. Heart muscle cells also contracts rhythmically even when they are outside the body. They just never gets tired
- Skeletal muscles is joined with the bones. Its cells gets contracted for making the bones move and also joints bend.
- Smooth muscle cells consists of thin sheet of muscle like the stomach lining. They can be also arranged into a bundle or into rings similar to the anus.
Some facts about the muscles
Fitness trainers and the physiotherapists are one of the experts in muscle cells. They utilize their knowledge for teaching people for how to use their muscles and get fit as well as strong. This helps those people to recover from any type of injury.
There are different types of cells as well like in the multicellular organisms are specialized. They consists of specific roles in those organism in which they are a part of. The structure of those cells are adopted with their function. They are also grouped together along with other types of similar cells in the tissues. Let’s talk about animal cell and plant cell separately along with their function and adaptation and hey provided in the following table.
|Type of cells in Animal cell||Function||Adaptations|
|Ciliated cell||Their function is to push and then move mucus from one end to another end inside the animal body. The cilia in respiratory tract moves mucus which contains trapped dust as well as microbes.||This has a very thin layer with tiny moving hairs which is called as cilia|
|Red blood cell||This cell’s function is to transport oxygen from the lungs of the animal body to other parts of the body like tissues for the aerobic respiration||This contains hemoglobin which is pigmented and it carries oxygen. This does not contain any nucleus and it also increases the volume of hemoglobin inside the cell. It is very flexible which allows them to move through narrow blood vessels|
|Types of cells in Plant cell||Function||How it is adopted with its functions|
|Root hair cell||They are known for absorbing water and mineral from the soil||This is a long but thin hair like which extends from each and every cell into the soil which also increases the root’s surface area. Each of the root has a lot of other root hairs that makes them look like a furry thing|
|Xylem||They are known for transporting water and minerals up through the stem and into the flowers and leaves||Dead cells gets joined from end to end and forms a continuous tube. They does not have any cytoplasm. Their walls also contain lignin for strengthening|
|Phloem cell||They are known for transporting sugars, amino acids as well as other substances from and through the stem into flowers, leaves and roots||They are made up of tube like living cells which are joined from one end to another. The also does not have any cytoplasm which means that this cells are living.|
MyAssignmenthelp.co.uk is a name in assignment writing services that students trust. We offer our assignment writing services for a wide variety of assignment including essays, dissertations, case studies and more. Students can place their order with us anytime as we function 24×7, and get their copies at unbeatable prices. We guarantee that all of our solutions are plagiarism-free.