We try so hard to come up with plausible excuses in order to save ourselves from the wrath of professors like ‘I fell sick’, ‘My granny fell off the stairs’, ‘My dog had met an accident’; even some quirky ones like ‘My dad took my assignment when he ran out of the toilet paper’, ‘A psychic predicted I would lose my leg if I do the homework’. But the more you use them, the fast you lose their acceptability. You cannot fall sick twice or thrice in a month, can you? Nor even granny or dog can survive a series of unfortunate events twice in a week. So it is high time you start thinking differently, rather than relying on some lame excuses and living on the teachers’ mercy.
We understand how effortless it sounds, but in reality, your brain faces hard times transitioning from not doing anything to have-to-do-something. So here are few best ways to beat procrastination and actually complete the assignment.
Whenever we hear the word ‘homework’, three specific words pop into our heads.
It is quite natural. We may continue to feel the same after reading the blog. Frankly, we do not have the wand to make the feeling go away. But we do have a few tricks and tips to make this tedious exercises little diverting after all.
Things Students Need to Deal with While Doing Homework
Here is a list of sinful habits that restrain students from performing well or even not perform at all.
A recent study (published in IJSR) revealed that procrastination affects every student at least some of the time. According to the study, 80%-95% students have admitted to procrastinating. On the other hand, 50% of them suffer from chronic procrastination syndrome. When everything hit you at once, you either can fight or flight. Most of the students choose the flight mode. They delay the work as much as they can and waste time on unnecessary things. It single-handedly brings down their performance as they rush through the task when they have only a few hours left for submission. So here is a step-by-step process to eliminate procrastination from your life,
- Start with the due task no matter how insignificant and boring it seems
- Break down the task into smaller parts
- Create a detailed timeline with specific deadlines
- Start interacting with people who are known to be focused and hardworking
- Discuss your tasks with at least two or three people in order to get their feedback on the task
- Change your environment
- Spend time with people who have overcome their procrastination problem
- Reward yourself after completing the task
- Eliminate distractions (like notifications from social networking sites, Television, Radio, etc.)
- Focus on completing the task rather perfecting it
Lack of interest:
A study conducted by Carnegie Mellon University identifies multiple reasons for lack of interest and motivation in students. The study states reasons like ‘students do not believe their efforts will be appreciated’, ‘students have personal obligations that need their immediate attention’, ‘students are not satisfied with the distribution of rewards’ affect students’ motivation and interest vigorously. Moreover, it is evident that the lack of interest and loss of motivation are positively proportionate to each other. So you need to make little effort to get back your lost motivation. Here are a few most effective strategies for overcoming lack of interest:
- Reward yourself after accomplishing due tasks
- Remember what you have achieved in the past
- Pen down all short-term goals and long-term goals
- Analyze whether the set goals are achievable
- Keep changing the place for study in order to make things interesting
- Try to study in a place where lot of light and air enter
- Always take breaks in intervals in order to rejuvenate your brain
- Do not study just after waking up because empty stomach would not help you concentrate.
Fear of failure:
Whenever you hear words like, ‘homework’, ‘assignment’, ‘test’, your palms get sweaty, your mind goes blank. This is called ‘fear of failure’. According to a study conducted by Bilkent University (Turkey) on 1000 students, fear of failure negatively affects students’ motivation and attitude to learning. It also says that students, who develop a fear of failure at an early age, are likely to use less learning strategies and more likely to cheat. Before you reach the extreme point where there is no turning back, you need to take care of the problem immediately.
- Ask yourself ‘Does your life seem meaningless without the academic degree?’
- Do not force yourself to do something that you are not good at or accustomed to (everybody is a genius in his or her way. If you judge a fish by its ability to climb trees, then it is pure stupidity)
- Do not try to define achievements only by grades because you are a human being and academic life is only a stage of life, not the whole life
- Accept your strengths and talents along with faults and shortcomings in order to make yourself free from the obsession of achievement
- Keep reminding yourself that though academic achievements are important, it does not define your identity as a whole.
Not enough time to complete assignments:
One of the frustrating things you face during academic years is when your teachers try to cajole you to complete an assignment when you are already burdened with several tasks. Needless to say, assignment writing consumes time and energy. Sometimes, it takes time more than students can afford. Moreover, there are many students who are slow workers. Every student has his/her own skills and capabilities. It is easy enough to say that students work at their own pace. A few of them work for a few hours for completing the task. On the other hand, many students spend the whole day to complete the same task. So the problem is not time crunch. The primary problem is a lack of efficiency of students. So here are a few strategies to become an efficient student:
If you are constantly bombarded with assignments, due dates, and upcoming exams, you need to sort out your priority. If the assignment carries 25% of the whole grades, you need to keep the assignment on top of your priority list.
- Organize everything before you take up any academic task because it helps you locate things that you need to complete the task
- Get the task on the desk. No matter how much you can resist the urge not to do the homework until only a few hours are left, you need to give yourself a push in order to get started with the task.
- Adopt various note taking techniques. A good note taker always comes prepared during exams, even writing assignments. This way, you learn the topic and subjects better while taking notes.
- Make sure you complete the task before you shift your focus on unnecessary things like checking notifications from social networking sites, watching a marathon of TV series on Netflix or watching television, etc.
- Change your approach to studying instead of thinking that assignment writing is an unnecessary task; take it as an opportunity to learn something new.
Being surrounded by distractions:
A study published in the Journal of the Media Education reported that college students spend a fifth of their time in handling different devices that have nothing to do with their school work. The report reveals that 30% of students admitted that they use devices more than 10 times in a day. The percentage increased in 2015 and became 35% of students. So it is natural that they are distracted and not able to focus on the task. Here are a few strategies that can help students overcome the distractions,
- Find a location that works best for you because environment and outside elements influence students’ focus greatly
- If you are obsessed with watching movies on computers, TV and cinema halls, don’t let it suck you in. However, you can use them in your favour by turning them into rewards for accomplishing certain tasks within certain time limit
- Find a new hobby if you don’t have one right now. The reason is reading, writing, exercising, other hobbies can fuel your creativity. But do not let your hobbies distract you
- Communication is the key. Ask corporation from your family and friends as they care about you. Being open to peers and significant other can help you overcome the distractions
- During the study hours, switch off the router. Turn off the notifications from the social networking sites in order to save yourself from the distractions.
Better than cribbing about your suffering, you need to think about the way to get rid of the problems. Hope these suggestions give enough opportunities to eradicate above mentioned academic issues from your life.
Feeling Overwhelmed while Writing Homework Assignments? Let Our Experts Help at Your Needed Moment
Due to the immense academic pressure, students often search for alternatives for not doing homework. Sometimes, they do not have other options left, but to skip homework. This is where MyAssignmenthelp.co.uk proves to be most useful. We have a team of talented and experienced team of assignment writing experts who not only boast industry experience, but also in-depth knowledge in their respective fields.
Being a leading service provider in UK, we successfully provide top-quality university assignment help at very affordable prices. Numerous students from all corner of the UK rely on our services because we are one of the few companies that offer the combination of affordability and quality together. Despite providing cheap assignment help services, we never fail to match the expectations of our customers. Our experts compose each help solution from scratch in order to maintain the authenticity of the paper. Moreover, our professionals always run the content under most authentic plagiarism detector software. In this way, we ensure 100 percent original content.
With years of experience in this industry, we have become a one-stop solution for students. Our wide range of academic help services cover all subjects and disciplines,
- Accounting assignment help
- Marketing academic help
- Computer science homework help
- Economics homework help
- Nursing assignment help
- Law assignment help
We provide assignment help in more than 100 subjects. Convey all required specifications in order to get your homework assignment written by qualified experts.