A PowerPoint presentation is one of the few academic assignments that have a practical application on the professional front. Whether you are a student or a valuable employee at a multi-national company, you are required to submit a compelling presentation on a relevant topic that will add value to your role in the respective career. Even though, a PowerPoint (PPT) presentation contributes some significant value to the student’s performance, a lot of students are found struggling as they can’t find any relevant presentation topic that can help them stand out in the crowd.
The presentation topic that a student selects for his/her PPT presentation makes a huge difference in how the audience is going receive it. An interesting topic can keep the audience stay alert throughout the presentation, whereas they may lose interest in your presentation if you start throwing boring information at them through your presentation. While understanding your audience is one of the crucial things, there are several other factors as well which you need to consider while choosing a presentation topic for your PPT presentation.
When in Rome:
You must have heard the proverb “when in Rome do as the Romans do”. Similarly, when you are about to start preparing for a presentation you need to consider the occasion before choosing the topic for the particular task. If you are a student, you won’t have too many varieties in terms of occasions, so you won’t have to evaluate the occasion before picking the topic.
However, if you are a key employee at an organisation, you are obligated to consider the occasion. The occasion can be celebratory such as a success party or the company’s foundation day, solemn such as the retirement of key personnel of the company, or upright professional. Whatever the occasion is, you need to evaluate its quintessence and pick the topic accordingly.
The purpose of the presentation:
There must be a purpose of the presentation that you are assigned to do. You can’t just submit a presentation for the sake of it. It needs to serve a purpose, which all the other PPT assignments do. In case of an academic presentation, the purpose, however, is to establish your argument by providing solid evidence in its support, it can also have some other purposes as well.
You may need to prepare a presentation to persuade someone or a group of people to make a decision, or the sole purpose of the presentation can be to entertain. Even though this kind of presentations does not directly fall under the general academic or professional course, but you may need to work on that as well for certain occasions. And most importantly, you may need to prepare a presentation to inform people, which is by far the most common purpose of the majority of the presentations.
The straight no-nos:
While choosing a topic for your presentation, you need to know what all topics you cannot choose. Whether it’s a professional presentation or an academic one, there are some topics that you need to avoid at any cost, especially if the content of your presentation may seem offensive to your audience. You can choose an easy subject. That can help you avoid the complexity. Although don’t oversimplify it. That can be off-putting to the audience as well.
Also, avoid controversy. If you aim to inform or persuade your audience, stirring a controversy won’t be the ideal way to approach your presentation. You can use controversial topics if the forum itself demands it. However, it is recommended to avoid the topics that evoke people’s emotions or can make the audience feel uncomfortable. Also, avoid the topics that do not go with the mood of the audience. Basically, give them what they expect from your presentation.
Choose presentation topic accordingly:
As mentioned before, you need to choose your presentation topic according to the consideration of the audience. Ask yourself certain questions like how much does your audience know about the topic. If you are delivering your presentation to a group of accomplished gentlemen, discussing insignificant juvenile things may not poke their interests. When your audience is a group of experts, you need to discuss a topic that matches their interests. In some way, your presentation must reflect the level of knowledge of your intended audience.
In fact, the education level of the audience also plays a major role in how well they are going to receive the message that is conveyed by your presentation. There are topics that can be well-received by the college students, but a school student may find that too much to comprehend. On the other hand, there are certain topics that are perfect for the school students, which may sound out-of-the-place if you present it to a group of PhD scholars.
The needs and interest of your audience are also crucial elements that you need to consider while choosing a topic for your presentation. Every group of people has a different set of interests, which means if your intended audience is teenagers you need to consider the factors that interest them and then incorporate them into your presentation. Talking about the things that address their interest, keep your audience involved in your presentation.
Lastly, consider the demographics (race, gender, age, ethnicity, profession, etc. of your audience) before choosing the topic. Since the interests of each demographic vary from another, this is a crucial thing to consider while picking a topic.
There are a plethora of factors that you need to consider while choosing a topic, which often seems like a tedious task to every person (a student or a professional). Although, one who covers each of those factors while choosing the topic of the subject has a better chance of delivering a successful presentation that will not only have its audiences’ appreciation but also fulfil its purpose which also had a role in the selection process.
Follow your passion:
Even though it is absolutely necessary to consider the interests of the intended audience as you try to select your topic for a presentation, you should also consider your own knowledge and interests as a crucial factor. If you are preparing a presentation on a topic that you are familiar with, it will help you save some significant amount of research time, and will also allow you to focus on making the presentation more stimulating. Since the procedure requires you to present the whole topic in an organised way, choosing a topic that you are comfortable with will also boost your confidence.
It is also worth mentioning that when you choose a topic of your choice, you present that with more enthusiasm, which certainly improves your presentation. And since enthusiasm is contagious, it may also help you keep your audience engaged and alert. And since you feel quite comfortable in this particular topic, you will be able to handle the unexpected debate which may arise during the Q&A session.
Be specific while choosing presentation topic:
Even though the audience expects a lot of explanation from a presentation on a particular topic, there are certain limitations that one should also consider while picking a topic. There are a countless number of topics that you can pursue, but you need to be very specific as you will be given only a limited amount time to present your topic and propagate your view. Also, the slides cannot fit thousands of words like a dissertation or a research paper. So instead of choosing a vague topic that requires a lot of explanations and discussions, choose something more specific that you can discuss in your presentation within the provided time frame.
In fact, when you are working on a specific topic that you are comfortable at, you can analyse even the smallest details of the topic and present more decorated content to the audience that delivers more breezy and personal feel. Also, no one is really bothered to listen to each and every detail of a vague topic. Keeping it concise and short not only helps you offer a more engaging presentation to the audience but also save your assignment from getting a “boring” tag.
Be open to suggestions:
Finding a topic for your presentation can be easier if you have right set of people to help you choose a perfect topic. First of all, be open to all sorts of suggestions that you receive regarding the presentation. In fact, you can go to your supervisor, instructors or seniors to get some ideas about the assignment. Well, they may not be familiar with your personal interests, but you can consider their suggestions and pick one according to the common preference of you and your audience.
While it can be a little difficult to think about a good topic by yourself when you are chased by a tight deadline, getting useful suggestions can really help you save some significant time and effort. Since your superiors and instructors are more experienced in this task, their thoughts on the matter can be really useful for you. Perhaps they can share some valuable tips on how to approach the topic as well. And if that does not work, you have the option to obtain help from the online assignment experts who are quite popular these days for their effective services.
Since most of the assignments (including presentations) come with a particular deadline, you can’t really spend countless hours just to select the topic of your presentation. It is certainly a crucial aspect of your whole presentation, but having a mind-blowing topic won’t be enough to make you stand out if your material is poorly structured. So, evaluate these aforementioned factors as soon as you receive such assignment, and decide on a topic that will cover those factors accurately. As you may realize, preparing a presentation may take a considerable amount of time. Besides, you need to work on your presentation skills once you are done preparing the material.
If you are looking for some sample topics for your presentation, you can refer to the following ones.
- Why is alcohol consumption such a big issue now?
- Adolescent Behavior Problems
- Adolescent Depression: A rampant Problem
- Take Control of your Life with Yoga
- Why you should Donate Blood
- Cosmetic Surgery Risks
- Why cancer cases are increasing
- The five-day detoxification process
- Is it possible to eradicate AIDS?
- Why should we not consume genetically modified crops?
- Why you should stay fit all your life
- How e-waste is harmful to your health
- Sex and drugs: Are they good fun or a major health hazard?
- Why making twitter communications official is wrong
- How does Facebook retain its popularity consistently
- How Linkedin is the most superior social media website
- E-waste and how it is affecting the environment
- Technology implementation vs growing unemployment rate
- Why satellites are extremely important
- Technology is largely misused to destroy the world
- How you can dispose of your outdated electronics
- How technology has created numerous jobs to college dropouts
- Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing
- Technological shift in phone design
- Evolution of Telecom System
- Molecular Electronics
- Digital Signature
- Wireless Energy Transmission
- How you can conserve energy and still keep your electronic devices
- Environment vs technology
- Recycling: Conserve your Environment
- Water Conservation
- Tree Planting and its effects on food security
- Conservation of Natural Resources
- Soil Conservation
- Conservation of Energy
- Global Warming
- Importance of Plastic Recycling
- Organizational Behaviour: Changing Environment
- Green Technology
- Rain water harvesting
- Eco-friendly products
- Why did Nokia fail to compete in the android market?
- Why Coca Cola is still dominating beverage industry in the 21st century
- How the US is still dominating technological innovation
- Foreign Exchange Management
- How has mobile money changed business environment in African countries?
- Ethics in Business
- Best Open Source Projects
- Industrial use of Natural Gas
- Head Hunting
- The role of Mandela in the fight against racism
- Why colonisation was important turning point for many nations’ histories
- Which European nation benefited most from colonisation
- Are religions are a threat to world peace
- Is DaVinci code real?
Law and Order:
- Why cold war was defining
- Internet led to an increase in terrorist activities
- Should Juveniles Be Tried As Adults
- Legalising Prostitution: Right or Wrong?
- Should Marijuana be legalised?
- Smoking in Public
- Airport Security: Technology v/s terrorism
- TV Media Censorship
- Rights of prisoners: Why are they necessary?
- Are animal rights binding?
- Women’s Rights
- Sexual Abusement
- Human Rights
- Infant homicide
- Improved prison conditions increasing crime
Also Read: ASSIGNMENT HELP TO EXPLAIN THE LAW
Education and Moral Issues:
- Impact of technology on learning
- Future of Education
- Time Management
- Why encourage creative thinking in schools
- Education Today
- Social Welfare
- What is more important, wealth or education?
- More students should take Zoology
- How technology has caused moral decay in societies
- Learning does not eradicate ignorance
- Is air transport the safest mode of transport?
- There are no ugly people
- How ICC court has failed in its mandate
- Good managers are born not trained
- Five ways smoking affects a society
- How does FIFA world cup remain to be the most popular sports event in the world
- The role of internet in the fight against poverty
- Why children should be allowed to interact with mobile devices
- Set Goals and Achieving Them
- Television Violence: How it Affects Children
- How to Handle Difficult People
- Age Discrimination in the Workplace
- Online Dating is Safe or Risky
- Case study on Homelessness in America
- Cross Culture Adoption
- Nuclear Power: Merits and demerits
- Visual Resumes: New way to present yourself
- Video Games: Impact on Children
- Vedic Mathematics
- How to solve road congestion forever
- How to grow the number of voters
- How to simplify your daily schedule
- Vedic Astrology
- Unemployment-high population vs technology
- WTO (World Trade Organization)
- The balance between work and life
- Can the world cope without GMO(Genetically Modified Food)?
- Can internet kill print media?
- Political rights and differences in various countries
- Globalization and its impact
- SEZ (Special Economic Zone)
- The power of social media
- Neural Network
- Role of Cinema in Social Awareness
- Farmer exhibition.
Running out of ideas for your upcoming presentation topics?
Get all the necessary support from our experts at MyAssignmenthelp.co.uk.
Working on an academic presentation can be a bit difficult since most of the time students couldn’t find any significant topic for the presentation which would put them in the limelight. Not just that. A number of students also start to freak out as they are told to present topic before the whole class. While some students think their presentation won’t be good enough and they’ll end up embarrassing themselves, some fail to prepare a compelling presentation due to lack of information and the lack of required skills. MyAssignmenthelp.co.uk, the leading academic solution provider on the internet, understands all the challenges that are faced by the students when they are told to prepare a presentation.
You’ll be surprised to know that there are more than 4000 academic experts in our team who are dedicated round-the-clock to ensure that all the requirements of the students are met properly. Whether someone is struggling to find a good topic for his presentation or failing to construct the presentation with his jumbled thoughts, our experts can provide valuable assistance in every aspect of a PPT assignment. In fact, you can choose any of our custom services by submitting your request at our site. We have designed several services keeping all the requirements in mind. You can hire our experts to prepare the assignment for you, or you can simply avail their assistance to properly format your presentation according to the standard guidelines.
Our prompt and effective support allows you to deliver your presentation within the deadline. And the best part of the services is that you won’t have to spend a lot of avail or services. So, what is stopping you now? Place your order with MyAssignmenthelp.co.uk and prosper in your academic pursuit the way you have dreamt.